Information for referrers
Note: for prompt attention, we recommend you fax your referral to 03 9115 9330. If you have a patient who requires an urgent consultation, please call 03 9115 9336.
Adam accepts referrals for both general gynaecology and gynae-oncology cases, with a particular interest in complex surgical cases and minimally invasive surgery.
Adam is one of only a few gynaecological oncologists in Australia who has completed advanced training in robotic-assisted surgery. If you have a patient who is specifically interested in this mode of management, Adam can provide the specialist advice they are seeking. However, managing the expectations of patients in advance is important, as not all cases are amenable to robotic surgery. For more information, please see the Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists’ (RANZCOG) position statement on this topic.
Common referrals include:
- Robotic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Complex pelvic surgery
- Gynaecological cancer surgery
- Laser ablation surgery or LLETZ for cervical dysplasia
Suggested investigations prior to referral
Referral for colposcopy:
- Please refer to the new Australian cervical screening program’s referral guidelines for colposcopy
Referral for abnormal uterine bleeding:
- FBE and Fe studies
Referral for complex adnexal mass:
- If < 40 years old and no concerning features, no further investigations
- If > 40 years old or suspicious features on ultrasound, consider CA-125
- If ascites or omental disease suspected, consider CT scan
- If unsure, consider calling the rooms for specific advice regarding investigations for individual patients
Adam is committed to seeing new patients promptly. To ensure prompt attention, we recommend you fax your referral to 03 9115 9330. If you have a patient who requires an urgent consultation, please call 03 9115 9336.
If you have a question or would like to discuss a case before referring, please call Adam’s rooms on 03 9115 9336.